What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFP fi pump/routing/andair fuel selector pics

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Been reading through archives trying to find good pics. FI pump/filter is on its way and we are trying to hook up fuel lines, routes, wire/conduit and fuel selector. Due to the tight space and tunnel are there any GOOD CLEAR pics of folks set ups? Just trying to wrap my head around how best to bend the lines, position it all and then run wires throught this spot with manual trim.
Links to any good websites or threads clarifiying this i havent found would be a great help. 9a if it matters

Here are some more pics...

Hi Rick,

I dedicated an area on my build site for the AFP install complete with some snafu's and tips/tricks a learned along the way. The pictures can be clicked on up two times for bigger and better resolutions.

http://caura.dyndns.org/gallery/Airflow-Fuel-Injection-Pump-Installation?page=1

Get yourself a good bender, a lot of extra tubing and some patience. ;) Also, a _little_ bit of fuel lube on the _threads_ helps when fitting pieces.

Good luck,

Filters in wing roots?

So what you guys are both saying is that its real difficult to get everything hooked up. If the filter was not there seems that the pump could be canted over to make things fit much easier. I've heard of people putting a filter in each wing root, I think I saw a picture of someone using an Andair gascolator in each root, so that may solve a couple of problems - also makes servicing the fuel filter easier and means gas won't get split in the cockpit as filter is removed.

Pete

There's a lot of tubing in a relatively small space, but if you bend everything carefully it's not too hard to do. I did just what David's site shows using a 90 degree fitting off the back of the fuel pump assembly to avoid interference with the fuel line from the right tank to the fuel selector valve.

I've got some pictures available at http://www.mikesrv9a.com/top_side_2.html. Scroll down to the December 8th and 9th entries.

Last edited:
thanks all. a few good pics and some tips really helps. I dont like doing things 4 times or making the common mistakes. Thanks for taking the time. Rick

Back