What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Home" again!

Mikey

It sure feels good to really stretch my legs again!

I had heard Paul muttering about the weather the past few days as he was fine-tuning my new instrument panel, so I figured a long trip was coming up, but I was surprised to be rolled out this morning with light rain showers in the area. to be honest, I kind of wanted to sleep in!

But Paul had other ideas, and after throwing a bunch of stuff in my baggage area, we were off for what currently passes as "home" - the D.C. area. Personally, I prefer the west, as does Louise, but sometimes, you just don't have a choice!

Today's flight turned out to be great though - I have rarely had a chance to go so fast! After some low clouds for the first hundred miles or so, we climbed up into the thin air and picked up tailwinds of 60 knots and more! The trip to D.C. took us a little less than six hours, and Paul only stopped for fuel once instead of twice, as I expected. It was really fun to see ground speeds of 230 knots for a change!

Now I guess I get to spend the winter up in the northeast. At least I am well equipped for weather flying now.

Mikey

Last edited:
To see the winds....

Here's a picture I took of Mikey's new EFIS in the descent into D.C. :

IMG_2120.jpg

(Check out the purple Ground Speed in the upper right corner, and the wind vector lower center:eek:)

And this was in level flight a little earlier:

IMG_2115.jpg

Yup, it was a quick trip!:D

Back