What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EPM.AV great service

vbpiper

Well Known Member
Just received my second firewall pass-through from EPM.AV. (Just a hint, order a bigger one than you think you need. Remember you need to stick some of the firesleeve thru the hole). Great service. The first one was easy to install. Picked up some stainless steel screws at Ace (6-32, 3/8") along with washers and lock nuts. I have not used the kit from SafeAir which looks great too, but I liked the EPM.AV kit as I could select the size I (thought) I needed. Had I not already installed the first one, EPM offered to take it back.
Gotta love these companies that support our habits.
Also ordered the Delrin fuel cap opener!

I was planning 2 pass throughs. One for sensors and one for power wires (noisy stuff) using EPM pass throughs. What size pass throughs are most ordering for a two pass through plan?

2 3/4" Pass throughs

I used 2, 3/4" with the battery up front (no cable through firewall) and a GRT EIS/EFIS (lots of wires through firewall). I started with the 1/2" too and quickly realized there were nowhere near big enough. I would have gone to the 1", but with the -8 location, they wouldn't fit.

Back