What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rocket Gets Painted

geez, i feel like i know how to play guitar and have the song memorized!

hey john, cool. I'd like to see it in person. I'm looking for a paint job for my HR2. the shop on my field is three mos.-- five mos. behind now and I'm tired of waiting on them.

I would like to hear more about designs also. I'm looking for(some type of) all white with black or blues stripes, i think.

how about more videos? thx for posting that.

Wow!

John,

Seems I have lost touch with you since you left Denver. The Rocket looks great! One of these days the misses and me might just stop in for a closer look.

I'm dreaming of a RV-3B!

Lookin' Great!

Great video board! I have my bird (294TC) 7A scheduled to paint in Feb '08 and don't have a paint scheme, only the basic colors. Where did you get the paint over lay on picture program and can you email or post a link?
Kenny Gene.

Painted

Hey, this is a great way to find old friends and kindred spirits.

If you have good digital 90 deg side shot of your ship or similar plane, try this on your PC Windows XP.

Look for "Paint"

Paint > Edit > Paste from > browse (your file and find the photo)

Parachute yourself in there and start learning. It takes time. I still prefer paper and hand-drawing... I used the computer renderings to visualize the 3-views I drew on paper. The better remnants were put into the video.

Obviously, there are commercial services and software that do this design work for a few $$... have fun ! jtm

That was fun to watch, John! Mine will be a solid color, so not so much decision making to be done!!

Regards,

Lee...

Great Guitar Music!

John, I love the video and practically all of your designs.

The music however has me hooked! Would mind passing along the artist' name and song/album? I would love to listen to some more from this artist.

Back