What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I feel like Traveling!

Mikey

Hey all you Texas flyers, I've been stuck in this hangar here for almost five weeks, and before I get released to go back to Virginia, I'm ready to stretch my legs! (Paul and Louise say I'm supposed to take it a little easy, but man, I've had enough confinement - you know "doctors" anyway - always being conservative....)

I was thinking about someplace for lunch on Saturday - Llano? Brenham? I guess the POTUS has got a big chunk of the state roped off (you think you've got it bad, you should see what he does to us up in Virginia!), but I'd sure like to see my friends from the "Big D" area.... weather might be a problem later in the day, and I'd like to visit this place in the Hill country they want me to retire to....so maybe 11:00 some place?

I might have to bring Louise and Paul along as observers as a condition for my release....;)

Tanya and I were planning on hopping over to Brenham at about 11am on Saturday for lunch.

Kerrville

While you're in the hill country, check out the Cowboy Artists Hall of fame Museum southeast of Kerrville. When you see something outstanding, it's most likely by Frank McCarthur, a truly outstanding artist.

Afterwards, go about 2.5 miles further down the road to Kerrville State Park. In the mornings and evenings, the locals come and feed the deer by hand. They are usually glad to share the experience with those who don't have corn of their own.

In my opinion, one of the greatest places in Texas. A great place for Mikey to flirt with the the Mooney's also.

Fly safely, long, and joyfully.

Last edited:
I might be able to make Brenham, wx permitting. I'm down here with Bill and Mattie Marcum. I think they were looking for somewhere to go too.

Back