What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hole in bottom of tail for bolt

papa-papa

Hi gents, Question. Has anyone had to drill a hole under the bolt in the fuselage tail for removal and reinstalling the nut that holds the tail wheel spring in place???.

Just bought project and decided to clean up the spring.

Thanks in advance for any help on this RV-3 project

Perry
RV-6 N404PP
Cassutt N12SG

Hi gents, Question. Has anyone had to drill a hole under the bolt in the fuselage tail for removal and reinstalling the nut that holds the tail wheel spring in place???.

Just bought project and decided to clean up the spring.

Thanks in advance for any help on this RV-3 project

Perry
RV-6 N404PP
Cassutt N12SG

You certainly do on the RV6 - it's on the plans.

Jim Sharkey

Thank you sir

I thank you Jim. and you are right my 6 does have the hole you speak of. I will start the drilling now.

Perry

Rubber button to fill the hole?

I have the hole, but I am finding it difficult to find a rubber button to fill it with. I was surprised I could not find it in the VANS catalogue. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

I have the hole, but I am finding it difficult to find a rubber button to fill it with. I was surprised I could not find it in the VANS catalogue. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Try your local home improvement or hardware store. Look on the aviation aisle for the chrome, pop-in, hole plugs. I think I have also seen them in the aviation department of the auto parts stores.

Back