What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-mag clamps...

lostpilot28

Well Known Member
I'm almost done building my ECI engine kit (with the help of an A&P) and I'm going to install P-mags. I see in the Overhaul manual how they attach with clamps, but no clamps were included in my kit. Can anyone tell me where to get some and what part number to use for P-mags?

On a related note, the P-mag installation instructions doesn't give a torque value for the gear drive castle-nut. Anyone happen to know what it is?

Thanks!

Should have got them

I'm sure they are supposed to come with the Pmags. Mine are gold anodized like the Pmags.

Give Brad a call or shoot him an email. Don't remember the torque setting.

I'm sure they are supposed to come with the Pmags. Mine are gold anodized like the Pmags.

Give Brad a call or shoot him an email. Don't remember the torque setting.
I got mine from P-mag but they aren't gold anodized. :(

The torque value is based on the stud size and thread count. Check your OH manual, it will be listed in there.

Last edited:
P-Mag install

Just installed a set of 113 P-Mags. Can I use the mounting clips from my Slick mags? they don?t fit as well. The flange diameter on the P-Mags are a bit smaller. Anyone encounter this?

On a related note, the P-mag installation instructions doesn't give a torque value for the gear drive castle-nut. Anyone happen to know what it is?

It sure seems like the installation manual has what you need on page 3, step 4, under Drive Gear. It says "Install the drive gear on the E-MAG shaft using the woodruff key, washer(s), castle nut, and cotter key provided. Two washers are provided ? use one or both as needed. Torque to 120-150 in/lbs. Make certain the cotter key ends lay flat and do not extend past the open face of the gear."

Just installed a set of 113 P-Mags. Can I use the mounting clips from my Slick mags? they don?t fit as well. The flange diameter on the P-Mags are a bit smaller. Anyone encounter this?

When I installed P-Mags I used the clips from the LASAR Slick Magnetos I removed. The A&P (EAA tech counselor) I worked with didn't notice any issue. I've run about 30 hours so far with the P-Mags.

I did not receive clips with the P-Mags, which I bought through AeroSport. Brad did send a couple woodruff keys in the mail though, since one was missing. If I had told him the clips were missing, I bet he would have sent those too.

Back