What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More tailcam: "Weeds"

groucho

Well Known Member
I just uploaded another video to my webpage. I shot the video over a month ago & finally pieced it together. It started out as a formation flight with a friend's Velocity. After 20 minutes or so, I had all the formation video I wanted so I split off & did some aerobatics & flying in the weeds.

Check out "Weeds" here: http://www.thedukes.org/rv/video.html

(if you link to the video off your page, please link to the above page, not directly to the video. :cool:)

Enjoy!

Great video! Definitely a great motivator for those who are just getting started, too.

Mike

Very nice!

Where exactly in the desert was the video made...town nearby?
You need to come fly some Ag with me, go between oak trees with branches over the wings, under powerlines.etc...

Thanks,

Where exactly in the desert was the video made...town nearby?
Most of the video was shot in between Mohave (MHV) and Rosamond (L00). The low level stuff over the dry lakebed was to the east for Rosamond. You can see the area here: http://skyvector.com/perl/code?id=KL00&scale=2 Even with how much "nothing" there is around where I live, there are only a few close spots that are legal for aerobatics (away from tows, airports, airways, etc).
You need to come fly some Ag with me, go between oak trees with branches over the wings, under powerlines.etc...
Let's go!

Cool Video

Hey I enjoyed watching that video! Great work.

It's fun to see a project in the air and flying. It gives those of us still building a lot of motivation to keep going.

i love them all

i really get a kick out of showing your videos to the non flyers i know. they stand and stare in amazement at what you and the RV can do. i alway have to promise not to try it however.:(

Awesome Video

Awesome Video!!!

I'm currently stationed at a test squadron in China Lake (just East of Mojave) and I think you may have flown over my back yard... :eek:

Just the Good Old Boys

Dem Dukes, Dem Dukes! Sorry, couldn't resist the Dukes of Hazzard reference. Maybe you should remix the video to the "Good Old Boys" theme.

Kidding aside, your videos are incredibly inspiring Bryan. I can't wait to get my 7 going!

Antony

Thanks everybody! RV's a great plane (even the side-by-side ones!) & I really love flying them. I'm extremely honored to have been able to buy the plane I did & these videos are a fun way to share it with lots of people (over 1000 downloads today!). This kind of flying isn't what I spend most of my time doing, but it seems to work pretty well for videos. (I doubt anyone wants to watch videos of me doing cross country flights or Young Eagles rides.;)) Watch this: It's certainly more fun than the F-16 flight I did tonight.

I have an "EFIScam" I'm about to test...standby for words on that. There are other projects that need attention too...all good fun. I wish there was more time to get to the hangar.

RadioShack, I may very well have flown over your back yard...perhaps inverted. :D

DR, thanks for the "you gotta stop what you're doing" link! That burger from Griff's looks great. I need to go there!

Care to elaborate?
Not complaining! Just saying the RV can sometimes be more fun. :)

Probably the coolest thing about that sortie was checking out the comet that exploded a couple weeks ago through the night vision goggles. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it through a telescope. It was cool to see with the NVGs.

Back