What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Citabria/Decathalon for RV8/Tailwheel training

N62XS

Well Known Member
If anyone is a CFI and has a Citabria/Decathalon for RV8/Tailwheel training,
please contact me. My 8 is about two to three months from completion and I need a tailwheel endorsement and tail wheel time. A RV would be better. I live in Savannah. Will travel would like to complete on a weekend, if possible.

Thanks,
Robby Knox

Check out Kaolin Field in Sandersville, GA. I understand they are sort of the RV Central of Georgia. I know they have a builder's assistance program & can probably help with transition training.

Derrell
7A canopy

I am building at Kaolin Field

Thanks for the effort, but I am building at Kaolin Field and the desired combination is not available.

Perry, GA rents a Champ

Give a call to the airport in Perry GA. 478-875-1484
www.flytailwheels.com

They give instruction in the 7AC Champ, and will let you solo it for $60/hr wet. Not sure how close you are to Perry.

Art in Asheville

It's not near-by, but I received excellent training in a Super Decathlon at INT, that's Winston-Salem, NC. I had flown with Mike S. and Alex D. in the RV-6's over the years while I was building, but did the SD the weeks and days before my first flight. I thought it was very compatible training and very worth-while.

Contact me if you want to pursue it: larry at bowenaero dot com

Back