What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hall Effect Light Speed

LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
Okay... I've ordered my LS Ignition, has anyone really has any issues with this system? I know about the inspection time frames but has anyone ever really had a maintenance issue with this system?

Last edited:
Installation

Keep the wires providing sensor info from the Hall Effect separate from the output to the coils by as much as is practical in your case. Mine were installed in the same firewall hole and the unit failed within 30 hours. Now, properly mounted, 100 hours trouble free.

Keep the wires providing sensor info from the Hall Effect separate from the output to the coils by as much as is practical in your case. Mine were installed in the same firewall hole and the unit failed within 30 hours. Now, properly mounted, 100 hours trouble free.

Good Info... any reason to have a cooler shroud on it?

Mag housing inspection maintenance

Per the other current thread the hall effect mag housing trigger needs a one time gear inspection in the first 50 hours and than every 100 hours the cover needs to be checked for leaks.

Per the other current thread the hall effect mag housing trigger needs a one time gear inspection in the first 50 hours and than every 100 hours the cover needs to be checked for leaks.

I understand the inspection issue, I'm looking for real data on actual issues with this system. Has anyone ever really found an issue on inspection? It looks like Van's only offers this Hall Effect style unit. I haven't seen a Mandatory Service Bulletin on the system yet.

Last edited:
Back