What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need dimensions for nose gear wooden box

tomwebster

Well Known Member
I'll ask again and then forget it.

Does anyone have the info to build a box
to send my 7A nose gear leg back to Langair.
I have the Langair sketch, (2x2s, plywood, etc.)
but not any dimensions. If I can, I would like
to get the box built before I go up to the
airport and remove the gear leg.

Thanks, Tom

Last edited:
--->BUMP<--
I'll ask again and then forget it.

Does anyone have the info to build a box
to send my 7A nose gear leg back to Langair.
I have the Langair sketch, (2x2s, plywood, etc.)
but not any dimensions. If I can, I would like
to get the box built before I go up to the
airport and remove the gear leg.

Thanks, Tom

I have one available I built..

I modded mine along time ago to beat the rush:D

Box is 12" x 43.5" . I used that real thin plywood (1/16?) to cover it and an internal brace to hold the leg in position.

I'm in the DFW area and hanger at Northwest Reg. 52F, if anybody local wants to borrow it they are welcome to it.

No box needed

Throw a tag on it with to and from addresses and chunk it in the mail. Works great.

As I had to send my leg in to Langair, one suggestion that I would make is to secure the leg inside your box by drilling holes that straddle the leg in 3 or 4 locations. Then pass a larger size pull tie through the holes so that the retentive part of the pull tie is on the inside of the box. Secures the leg very well with little fuss.

Regards,

Wedge in place too.

It is also a good idea to 'wedge' the gear leg in place with small pieces of the scrap 2x2. This is so that if the wire ties come loose it is still held in place by something. Those UPS guys are sometimes not so gentle with boxes. Although the only thing that can happen to your gear leg is some scratched paint.

Back