What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage Longerons

rjsflyer

Can anyone tell me if both pieces of the AA6-063x3/4x3/4 aluminum angle that came with the wing kit is for longerons or can some of it be used for other parts to be fabricated. I am working on the F710 - F712 bulkheads and there is a callout for AA6-063x3/4x3/4 angle but I have already use up most of the 6' piece that shipped with the fuse kit and there is no more AA6-063 angle other that the long pieces that came in the wing kit. Plans call for the AA6-125 for the main longerons but I haven't found a callout for AA-063 angle for longerons. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Schwandt
Fuselage
www.rjsflyer.com
N856RS (res.)

Rick,

The 063x3/4x3/4 angle is NOT for the main longerons. The longerons are made from the two very long pieces of AA6-125 angle that came with the wings. I used the 063 for smaller parts.

Mark

I had the same problem and confusion. There actually IS a letter (the one that says DON'T cut the angle...thta notes that there are two pieces of the 3/4 X 3/4 which are for fuselage work. I was so concerned about cutting longerons, i didn't know which pieces were the longerons (I'm not sure the letter said either).

So when I needed the .063, I forgot about the stuff that came with the wing kit and ordered new angle. I was in a hurry so I ordered it 24 hour delivery.

$170 later, I had my new angle...and by then I'd found the old angle.

Painful lesson. Read everytyhing.

Back