What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AvMap update and question about traffic warning

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
In talking with AvMap, it appears they have their problems talking to the Trio AP under control and have their weather receiver almost ready for release. It should hit the market around the first of the year. Now, the big question: Who would like to have a traffic warning system displayed on the GPS? Would this sway you toward buying AvMap? It would be more costly than the wx option, but this may be in the works. AvMap values the RV community (hey, we are a pretty big potential customer!) and would like your thoughts.

I do not work for AvMap, but am doing testing for them.

Bob Kelly

Let's get the weather feature out first

Traffic would be a nice feature to have if it at all reasonable in cost, however I wish they would focus on getting the weather feature done before they move to anything new.

I saw a demo at Osh this year of the Avmap with weather. I decided to wait on the purchase of a Avmap until they release the weather upgrade At that time they said it would be in the fall sometime. Frankly, as much as i like the Avmap unit and would prefer it over a Garmin I am ready to say to heck with it an buy a 496. I know of one other individual who got tired of waiting and bought a 496. I think it is in their best interest to get the weather out ASAP and not dilute their efforts with other features.

Back