What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parking at Hicks (T67)

mburch

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi folks,

I'm planning on flying down to the DFW area to visit the in-laws for Thanksgiving. (sadly, I'll have to rent a spam can since the RV-7 is still a work in progress)

The closest airport to where we're staying is Hicks, so I was thinking of parking the plane there for a few days. The sectional shows no fuel available, but Airnav says there is a self-serve pump. I called the number listed on Airnav and got the airport cafe, and they confirmed that they do have fuel but also that they only have a few tiedown spots.

Anyone know of a place I can stash a 172 for a few days in case the tiedowns are all full? Also, anyone want to do some RVating between turkey sandwiches? :)

thanks,
mcb

Hicks Parking

Matt,

The fuel at Rio Concho is currently $4.14. There are several tie-downs on a grass section north of the ramp as the ones on the restaurant ramp are usually taken (they only have 2 or 3).
Not sure if anyone has temporary hangar space for a 172 but I'll check tonight at our Halloween Stew Cookoff and let you know. Too bad you're not in your 7, we can always find somewhere to stash an RV! :)

Hicks Area Fuel

Another thing to consider when you fly down this way is that Hicks is the highest price fuel for all the small airports around. We usually go over to Bridgeport to the northwest and buy it for $3.39. Current price at Hicks is $4.149 a gallon. KLUD, KGLE, and 52F are all much higher than Bridgeport.
Plan your trip to KXBP to top off the tanks and then head southeast to Hicks, about 35 miles. Or you could do it on your way home depending on your fuel situation.

Back