What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dawn Patrol over Minneapolis

petehowell

Well Known Member
Got up early Friday and dragged Peter Fruehling along in the RV-6 that he flies while building his RV-7. Let's just say Peter can work some magic with his Canon. I am under his his tutelage and continue to be in awe of what he can do.

The color at sunrise had to be seen to be comprehended. We just got lucky with the weather, and I got lucky on my shots, but Peter's shots are works of art.

Me flying thru the atmosphere of Mars by Peter:
2005696258034109452_rs.jpg

Here is one I took of Peter in the RV-6:
2002189916558216393_rs.jpg

There was funky haze layer that reflected the the glow of the sunrise as the full moon shone through from the west when I snapped Peter in the RV-6:
2002156977215214127_rs.jpg

Finally one of my RV-9A by Peter that continues to amaze me. The full size image clearly shows the individual LEDs in my position light:
2002118804497714391_rs.jpg

Peter (via Pete), outstanding!!!!

With your permission I'd like to use your picture as the November Wallpaper Calendar.

Email larger version to 'dougreeves at vansairforce dot net' if you're OK with it (I have another photo I can use and completely understand if you'd rather not).

Great shot, regardless....you really nailed those.

b,
d

Back