What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some suppliers that deserve a public Thank-You

Lycosaurus

Well Known Member
After 5 years of on/off building of our RV-9A, we still have plenty to do before flying it. Maybe 2008? (formerly 2007, 2006, ...)

I thought this would be a good time to look back and thank some of the vendors that support our habit ... er, hobby. We have had positive experiences with all the following companies/individuals.

In no particular order:
  • Steinair - Always there to answer questions. Thanks Jed for taking that last minute order before your shop closed for Oshkosh week, kitting and shipping it out promptly so it could make the UPS pickup time within the same hour. Amazing.
  • Rondure Company - Stan (Shannon): great chap with a good deal on a Sensenich propeller.
  • Fairings Etc - Bob Snedaker: scheduled his production, and promptly shipped the parts as promised.
  • Aerosport - Bart Lalonde and Sue Gregor: what can I say, great service/workmanship/product/people.
  • Van's - great product and value added. Never felt I overpaid, especially for replacement parts (yeah ... it happens even to the best of us). Special thanks go to Bruce who provided us with great technical support along the way.
  • Vetterman Exhaust - Thanks Larry for helping me out with a 3rd party exhaust/muffler system that just would not fit on our -9A. Shipped me a support system that worked, and he offered to be paid only after I received it.
  • B and C Specialty: Great support, quick, accurate.
  • Avery Tools - Bob was always there for any questions, or to help resolve an issue. Quality outfit.
The 'big box' aircraft parts stores:
  • Wicks: accurate and timely delivery
  • Aircraft Spruce: accurate and timely delivery
I'll let Doug and his moderators determine the appropriateness of this post.

Last edited:
If Gore can get a Nobel prize for peace, then I say give a Nobel prize for airplanes to Bob Nuckolls. This guy has contributed tremendously to our hobby.

Suppliers

I would like to underscore your reference to Avery Tools. I have bought from them several times over my years of building. Always the best of service.

On my trip out to LOE from North Georgia, my wife and I decided to stop by Ft. Worth to visit my son and grandchildren. The closest field to where he lives is T67, Hicks Field. I had never flown in there before and was unfamiliar with the ramp and where to tie down.

After landing, I happened to see Avery Tools place of business there adjacent to the taxiway and decided to stop and ask where to tie down. Talked to Bob and asked about tie downs. He said "why don't you leave your plane in my hangar overnight?" Talk about good ole Texas hospitality!!!! Bob must have this good reputation on the field too, as a guy came by and asked, "Bob can I borrow your forklift?"

Got to meet most of the people working there and see his operation. Bob has a first class machine shop with a CNC lathe and manufactures some of the tools he sells.

I highly recommend Avery Tools if you need anything at all in the tool line.

Tool Sources

I'll echo the service from Avery, but have also had excellent service from Brown Tool, Cleaveland, and Isham as I took advantage of their sale offers during/after Oshkosh.

Mike

Back