What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sigtronics Sport 200 intercom

kboyd59

I am considering putting the Sigtronics Sport 200S intercom in my RV9A
connected to my Icom -A200, is anyone familiar with the Sport 200S, I would like to hear the pros and cons. Thank you.

Ken Boyd RV9A
(57KB) reserved.

Ken,

I'm using it and like it. I can't compare it to others as I have no experiance with others.

The stereo feature seems to work fine and I installed it in its stock trim.

Sigtronics Sport 200 intercom.

Bill thanks for the thread I also believe it will be a good combo, I have been checking your website for sometime I am also running with a conical mount
engine.

Ken Boyd
(57KB) Reserved

PM3000A

I will try to keep this post completely technical in content because I do not want to make this a "sales pitch".

Consider the PM3000A stereo intercom. It may be a little more expensive than the Sigtronics intercom, but there are capabilities that might make it worth it for you. Here is a list of considerations:

1) Best VOX circuit in the market (this opinion is based upon many customer's feedback). The benefit is that is that the mics are off when they should be and turn on instantly when there is intercom activity

2) Great sounding stereo music. The documented frequency response is 20 hertz to 20,000 hertz. You will find the PS Engineering logo on display at the Bose booth because since 1992, they have relied on us for their intercoms at trade shows.

3) 2 unswitched inputs, these are inputs that can be used for audio from devices such as AOA, GPS alerts, auto pilot disconnect, etc

4) Music input is differential, eliminating ground loop noise. Ground loop noise is when you might power your iPod from a power source that has a different ground potential than your avionics bus

5) Dimmable LED, this LED is for both power on and transmit, and if connected to the Rheostat, it will dim along with the rest of your instrument lighting

6) Extremely reliable and looks great on the panel.

You might consider going to www.ps-engineering.com/pm3000.shtml to get more information.

See the latest issue of Aviation Consumer that evaluated panel mount intercoms where PS Engineering got the "Top Recommendation" www.aviationconsumer.com

Thank you for your indulgence and I will be glad to answer any other questions why the PM3000A may be a better choice for your panel.

Sincerely,
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc.
www.ps-engineering.com

I've got the Sigtronics Sport 200 in my plane. I've had various Sigtronics intercoms in my other planes, and this one performes just as well as the others. I'd give it two thumbs up!

I've got a Sigtronics SPA-4S (same basic thing) in my 7A and it works great. The only thing I would change is to add "boost" for the aux input. My IPOD works great but my Sirius radio cannot be heard, even at its loudest setting. I think that the Sirius radio is expecting an external radio to boost the signal like your car radio does.

Tom
RV-7A N175TJ Flying

Back