What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ppg dx 1791/1792

brianwallis

VAF moderator
I'm looking for it at Spruce.. but i dont see it/// it seems to be rare. Anybodody have a good source for it?
Thanks
Brian
ps.. it's light gold in color and it's used on Jim Daniels web-site but I dont see any contact info or where he got it.
Best
Brian

I buy it from my local PPG automotive paint dealer. (Professional Paint Supply, Albuquerque, NM).

Great stuff to work with by the way.

G

I'm looking for it at Spruce.. but i dont see it/// it seems to be rare. Anybodody have a good source for it?
Thanks
Brian
ps.. it's light gold in color and it's used on Jim Daniels web-site but I dont see any contact info or where he got it.
Best
Brian

you wont find this at spruce. go to the ppg store (several parts houses sell this line of paint.) they may have to order it as most automotive paint stores usually sel the 170/171 non chrome selfetching primer.

AutoColor in Tucker

AutoColor in Tucker has it... right on L'ville Hwy. That's where I got the color codes to paint my plane. And I get most of my other supplies there or at the Chamblee store. But the store in Tucker is the only one that carries PPG products.

Called PPG for their product rec for bare alum

I'm getting ready to paint my 9 and called PPG for their product recommendations. The salesman suggested acid etch first, then:

Desiprime Hi Solid CA7700,
followed by sanding surfacer CA7650,
then top coat with CA8800 which is buffable.

Reading this thread, these products are not mentioned. In addition, the local auto paint supplier doesn't carry these products. They're only sold my PPG Aerospace.

Any clarification is appreciated.

Barry
Tucson

I'm getting ready to paint my 9 and called PPG for their product recommendations. The salesman suggested acid etch first, then:

Reading this thread, these products are not mentioned. In addition, the local auto paint supplier doesn't carry these products. They're only sold my PPG Aerospace.

Barry
Tucson

We each have to arrive at our own comfort level with regards to primer.

randys got some good info

this is what i plan on doing for mine. if i paint it all.:D we'll see. im getting itchy now that things are coming around. i have used ppg products alot in the past and have had oustanding success with them.
http://www.romeolima.com/RV3works/Paint/paint.htm#Materials i feel comfortable with this and randy did one some years ago that looke similar and held up well. (i think)

Barry
Tucson
Desothane HS is a line of paint bought by PPG from the Courtaulds Aerospace group now under the PPG brand. My Cardinal is painted with the CA8000 line. Not sure how it compares with the automotive stuff but the Desothane is aviation specific.

Roll it on....

Desothane HS is a line of paint bought by PPG from the Courtaulds Aerospace group now under the PPG brand. My Cardinal is painted with the CA8000 line. Not sure how it compares with the automotive stuff but the Desothane is aviation specific.

Check this out... you can even roll the stuff on....:)

http://buyat.ppg.com/REP_aerospace_files/coatings/ca8000r_1103.pdf

I know that's how they do boats with Imron, but this is an aircraft product...

gil A

Back