What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avmap EKP-IV power cord question

carguy614

Well Known Member
Hi all... Mounted my Avmap in my panel with an Air Gizmo mount in the Landscape configuration. Fits well. Got a hardwire power cord for it, and it has an extra wire in the bundle. Hmmmm. Just wanted to know if anyone else has run into this, and what the power and ground wire colors are. I have red, white and black in the harness, no 12V lighter socket plug to test, and no schematic in the documents or on the website.

Thanks a million....Chris

Hi all... Mounted my Avmap in my panel with an Air Gizmo mount in the Landscape configuration. Fits well. Got a hardwire power cord for it, and it has an extra wire in the bundle. Hmmmm. Just wanted to know if anyone else has run into this, and what the power and ground wire colors are. I have red, white and black in the harness, no 12V lighter socket plug to test, and no schematic in the documents or on the website.

Thanks a million....Chris

I recall having the same problem but had the lighter socket plug and traced it out. Can't recall the colors, however. Give them a call on 800 363-2627. If you can't find out, I'll check next time I'm at the airport.

Bob Kelly

I'm trying the 600C and it is a bargain for the money. Does everything but wx and I don't need that feature. It fits nicely in my RV6 over by the left side of the panel. My only complaint so far is the glare from it's polished plastic face makes it hard to see in direct sunlight with the large canopy in an RV6. I have used a Garmin in previous planes and glare is not an issue. They seem to use an anti-glare screen. But Garmin costs a lot more also.

Back