What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NORTH TEXAS 1st RV Builders GATHERING

Bruce

Well Known Member
Friend
Had some thoughts that the DFW RV people needed to get together and visit. This will be a social gathering and conversation about building and flying. I thought a central location would be KADS. So here is a good place that will work and I think a good time would be 5-8 PM on September 19th. Wednesday night.
Call on the cell if you have more thoughts or put it on the web page.
Hope to see a lot of people at LOE so we can meet before then.

Cell 214-435-0432

http://www.outer-marker.com/

Bruce said:
Had some thoughts that the DFW RV people needed to get together and visit. This will be a social gathering and conversation about building and flying. I thought a central location would be KADS. So here is a good place that will work and I think a good time would be 5-8 PM on September 19th. Wednesday night.
I'd also be willing to host the group in my hangar and my neighbor should be up for it as well, so there would be plenty of space. We are at the end of the P hangars, so there would be plenty of space for fly-ins as well.

Doug

I would be happy to host a fly-in (or any other aviation event) in my hangar at Franklin County Airport (F53) in Mt. Vernon, TX. We have a very nice runway and Avgas (with credit card). My hangar is 40x50 with tables and chairs (and a potty). We can throw dogs or burgers on the grill and put out a kitty. It also gives me an excuse to go out there. It is 88 miles east of McKinney, TX.

I'll volunteer my hangar also, but I recommend a 6PM start. Lots of bizjets wanting to leave ADS between 1700 and 1800.

opticsguy said:
I'll volunteer my hangar also, but I recommend a 6PM start. Lots of bizjets wanting to leave ADS between 1700 and 1800.
So that's a "yes" from my hangar-neighbor :) I'm happy to arrange BBQ catering or the like.

TODR

This is the location NEW DATE !!!!

SmittysRV said:
I would be happy to host a fly-in (or any other aviation event) in my hangar at Franklin County Airport (F53) in Mt. Vernon, TX. We have a very nice runway and Avgas (with credit card). My hangar is 40x50 with tables and chairs (and a potty). We can throw dogs or burgers on the grill and put out a kitty. It also gives me an excuse to go out there. It is 88 miles east of McKinney, TX.

Well I talked with my friend Smitty and this is the best choice. OUT OF TOWN.
Date is Sept 15th---------11:00 am food will be ready till ??????
Sept 16th---------Rain Date

We will be serving Brats and Dogs, Cokes and Ice tea.
Come join us for a good get together and talk RV STUFF.
Hope to see a lot of you.
We will be in the Skychicken since we are both building.
http://www.airnav.com/airport/F53

Unfortunately we're already committed to the Tail-Draggin' Fly-In that weekend at Sulphur Springs.

Bummer, I was looking forward to something in town and on a week-night - weekends are kinda full, and since I'm still building mine, outside the metroplex doesn't work as well for me yet...

Dang. Me too, Bruce. Saturday/Sunday are usually taken up with soccer games (season just started) and church and (insert 1,000 other things). I'll catch the next one if it's in town and on a week night. Bet you'll get a lot of visitors for lunch, though.

b,
d

EAA & RV builders

The Dallas EAA Chapter 168 meets the first Tuesday every month at Farmers Branch Library, located on the northwest corner of Webb Chapel and Golfing Green Dr 6:30 PM. Not RV pacific but a lot of RV builders are in this chapter.
Want to meet a bunch of builders ? come to a meeting and or a monthly fly out.
When I make a meeting or a fly out with this chapter, guess what,, I get to talk about RVs. Come on in, its fun and you will meet some really talented people.

Bruce said:
Well I talked with my friend Smitty and this is the best choice. OUT OF TOWN.
Date is Sept 15th---------11:00 am food will be ready till ??????
Sept 16th---------Rain Date

We will be serving Brats and Dogs, Cokes and Ice tea.
Come join us for a good get together and talk RV STUFF.
Hope to see a lot of you.
We will be in the Skychicken since we are both building.
http://www.airnav.com/airport/F53

IT IS A GO. We will be ready at 11:00. Lots of action in East Texas so keep your guards up.
Taxi back is in effect at F 53.
Fuel is 3.69.
Show up and have a good time.
Saturday Sept 15th.

I would like to ,,,

I need to go the taildraggin fly-in in sulfer springs in the EXP Supercub 'Shooter'
I would like to show up in RV8 'Borrowed Horse' ,,,,,,,mabe next time.
Yawl have fun!!!

For those of you attending the gathering at Mt. Vernon from the DFW area, Sulphur Springs (KSLR) is on the way. We will be continuing our taildragger Fly In on Saturday, starting with a pancake breakfast from 7 AM until 9 AM. Several RVs are already here at KSLR. Stop by on the way if you have time.

Jim
RV4

RV Gathering was very good. Smitty and myself are already talking about doing another one and it will be a campout/flyout with date coming soon. The farthest flyin was from Houston and 2nd goes to Ron from Broken Arrow OK.
Pics on my website.
Thanks for the support guys and fly safe.
BB

Back