What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree Aerodrome

Kahuna

Moderatoring
Triple Tree Aerodrome Fly-In

There is a fly-in scheduled for September 26-29 2007 near Greenville, SC. This is one of the finest locations for a fly-in you will find. Private 7k'x400' grass runway thats irrigated and mowed to a putting green surface. I invite you to take a look at their website for details and pictures of the location. Even has a lake along the runway for sea planes. Camping, fishing, nature trails. All kinds of neat stuff. Check out the control tower he bought for $1 from an adjacent airport and had moved here.
4_ttasitepicturesaug07_016.jpg

5_ttasitepicturesaug07_036.jpg

Enjoy,

Last edited:
YES!

This is the site of the Joe Nall Fly In (the oshkosh of model airplanes) every year. I have wanted to go for a few years but never made it. Have a friend that goes nearly every year. He says it's a beautifull place. They always have Matt Chapman and Mike M. <---(can't spell his last name off the top of my head.) there to fly full scale aerobatics. Too cool! I'd sure love to fly into that place one day!

Yes that is the place. They have 6k people at the Joe Nall event so the location is quite capable of handling future growth and they know how to do it. I can easily see this being a huge RV gathering spot for a fly-in.
Best,

Team RV show?

Kahuna said:
There is a fly-in scheduled for September 26-29 2007 near Greenville, SC. This is one of the finest locations for a fly-in you will find. Private 7k'x400' grass runway thats irrigated and mowed to a putting green surface. I invite you to take a look at their website for details and pictures of the location. Even has a lake along the runway for sea planes. Camping, fishing, nature trails. All kinds of neat stuff. Check out the control tower he bought for $1 from an adjacent airport and had moved here.

Kahuna,
Are you and Team RV going to the fly-in to do a formation show?

Bill Swatling
RV-7 (longerons bent)
[email protected]

Why yes we are. Its on our calendar.
Since its not under a show waiver, we will be able to add some of our students to the routine and let them get a taste of flying in front of a crowd and then fighting off all the groupies:)
Best,

Back