What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Shop Recommendations

CaptainQwyx

While I'm still plugging away at the 7, I'm considering going in with a friend on the purchase of another friend's Cherokee 140, and as part of the deal I want to upgrade the panel - put in a GNS 430 (reconditioned would be fine), audio panel, maybe a simple autopilot.

Can anyone recommend an avionics shop in the DFW area?

Thanks,
Jeff

Thumbs Up to Tomlinson at GLE

I had a Cherokee 235 based at Addison for over 2 years (sold it in February), and after trying out a few shops in the area, I stuck with Tomlinson Avionics in Gainesville (GLE). Their prices are in line with most other shops in the area, but the customer service was excellent.

avionics shop

for certified aircraft new avionics installs in texas, i don't think you can beat "pippin-york" in fredericksburg (t82). so maybe it's 160-180 nm or so from fort worth/dallas, but it might be worth it. bill pippin, one of the founders, flies an rv6 (he's now retired.) his son, mike, and greg york (one of the original founders) run the biz.

over the years i've had p-y install the following:
pa28r-201t: new apollo nms2001 with indicator
new kx-155 with indicator
new ps-eng pm6000
new icom a200
used kn-64
new gtx-320
new stec-30
c-150: new apollo gx-50
(avionics master)
c-310: new century 2000 a/p
new century hsi (forget number)

the prices and quality of workmanship can't be beat (imho) on new installs at pippin-york. last phone number i had for them was 830-997-8205.

Back