What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N417CT sees sky for 1st time

cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
Well, the canopy is finally finished except some work to smooth out the fairing around the wind screen. We had just put on the prop and taped on the spinner and cowl and it looked so good we just had to roll our little bird out into the sun shine for a photo op. As the "bird" looked up into the blue sky for the first time, I could tell she just wanted to get up there among those puffy clouds. Maybe it won't be long now. For some of the pictures click on the slide show http://picasaweb.google.com/cleve3/81607FirstRollOfN417CTARV9A

Lookin' good Cleve

Glad to see another 9A in South Georgia. I have been planning to fly over and see your progress, but haven't worked it in the schedule yet. My son and granddaughter live in Valdosta, so I've flown over a few times. Looks like the Waycross area will be a good place to test fly. If Eagle Neck Airpark is in your flight test area, stop by for a cold drink. There's another 9A under construction here. Keep up the good work. Jack

Hi Jack

Good to see you guys on here Jack, Cleve,
I flew with the good Doctor yesterday morning in the cool clear Georgia sky and he was totally impressed when I showed him a 1000 FPM climb at 160 MPH! You guys ought to try 150, 160 MPH climbs to explore your envelope because it really will show you what these little rockets can do. Your cylinders will also love you for it in these 95+ temps.

Later,
Pierre

Back