What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

52F Airnav Stats

Where is airnav getting the stats for Northwest Regional? It states that there are 454 TO/LNDS a day. Thats more than Addison. I've been by there twice in the last few weeks. Both days clear VFR, albeit hot. One time I saw two planes take off within about an hour. The next time one doing touch and go's in about an hour. Doesn't seem that busy to me. Do you guys that fly in there agree with the 454 ops / day?

Sounds high, but it is a pretty busy airport. Two flight schools. I rarely ever fly out there without at least one other plane on the ground warming or in the pattern. But, 454....using roughly a 9hr day would give you a to/landing every minute(ish).

b,
dr

Guesses - and funding...

aviator1978 said:
Where is airnav getting the stats for Northwest Regional? It states that there are 454 TO/LNDS a day. Thats more than Addison. I've been by there twice in the last few weeks. Both days clear VFR, albeit hot. One time I saw two planes take off within about an hour. The next time one doing touch and go's in about an hour. Doesn't seem that busy to me. Do you guys that fly in there agree with the 454 ops / day?
Typically these numbers come from the Airport Manager yearly reports to the State Aviation dept.

Since there is no good counting mechanism, they tend to be just good guesses... sometimes it might be high if state aviation $$ are flowing around, and it's better to be a busier airport. Is that the case in TX?

gil in Tucson... one of the chief guessers for 57AZ

Back