What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

lp4-3 and 4-4 rivets wanted

dennis

any one with extra lp 4-3 and 4 rivets in the sugar land , houston area? Am ready to do the wing ribs to spar and of course don"t have wwhat i need. if i can get some here it will save another order from oregon!
thank dennis
rv7 wing in progress

I struggled with the decision to put the pulled or the solid rivets in there, after doing the solid, it was not that bad. I used a ground down double offset set and a good heavy bar. It is easy to reach the inside of the leading edge from both ends if you do not have the tank on.

I can imagine that trying to get the puller on some of them rivets will be just as hard. The web of some of the ribs is so close to the rivet hole, that you will most likely have to try and pull from the leading edge side. Trying to snake the puller into the leading edge and then to pull them with one hand will be a tough chore.

dennis said:
Bryan, thanks for the suggestion. will try with the ground down offset.
dennis

I did'nt mention that this is easier to do with two people. The offset set tends to want to turn so it is good to have one hand on the gun and one on the set and just let someone else hold the bar on the rivets. Pay particular attention to the alignment of the set on the manufactured head of the rivet to prevent smileys and shearing of the rivet head. Be sure not to grind your set too far as to get into the cup area of the set. Place some duck tape on the rib webs to protect them.

Most of all, good luck!

Back