What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior Engine Alternator Belt

POLYCOM

I'm New Here
Does anybody have a part number for a alternator belt for a Superior engine using Van's 60 amp alternator? The number suggested by Vans (Gates 7350) doesn't fit - too wide for the flywheel pulley. Is this just more Van's BS > known in my shop as MVBS. Thanks.

POLYCOM said:
Is this just more Van's BS > known in my shop as MVBS. Thanks.

Hey, Go easy on the company and the people that enable you to have this great experience. Nobody's perfect.

Most alternator drive belts will not sit flush in the pulley that they are installed in. When the belt is properly installed the tip or apex of the belt should not be able to bottom in the V of the pulley. What you have may be just fine.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

I used a 7360 gates belt. I needed just a little bit more length. Yes, the belt will ride a little high in the pulley, as Mahlon described.

Just a side note. The rules of this forum do not include flaming of people, vendors, and ideas. We are all adults trying to accomplish a goal. Gleen what you can from this site, contribute where you can, and leave the rest alone.

Roberta

Back