What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training - Mid-Atlantic Area

Capflyer

Well Known Member
Anyone know of Transition Trainers that can cover a -7A in the Mid-Atlantic area? I live in MD.

Thanks
Mike R.

TTT...
Just bought an RV6 and need transition training. Plane is in Virginia. I am in NC. Have prior tailwheel and complex experience.

Down here

Hi guys,
I have a -6A and have trained a bunch of guys from all over the USA. As far as TW time is concerned, one guy from south Georgia was told that since he already had 140 hours in his Cessna 140, any RV would suffice so I gave him the 5 hours and he's flown off his phase 1 in his new -4.

Later September would be better since I'm really busy with my ag work. Feel free to call days from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. at 478 625 3586,

Also click on "transition training" on the left side of Doug's opening page.

Regards,
Pierre

I'm available. .

Mike, sent you a PM. I'm wanting to start specializing in doing RV transition training in appropriately equipped owners' aircraft. In the Carolinas/GA/East Tenn area. I can come to you and check you out in your plane.

- Brett

586RG said:
TTT...
Just bought an RV6 and need transition training. Plane is in Virginia. I am in NC. Have prior tailwheel and complex experience.

Only after Phase One....

bjustus said:
Mike, sent you a PM. I'm wanting to start specializing in doing RV transition training in appropriately equipped owners' aircraft. In the Carolinas/GA/East Tenn area. I can come to you and check you out in your plane.

- Brett

Hi Brett,
I assume that you know that you can only instruct in their own aircraft AFTER Phase one time is flown off SOLO .

Regards,
Pierre

Yeah, thanks for keeping me straight (publicly) though. I was misinformed on that issue (by an FAA inspector, a safety advisor, and a DPE, in fact) but did the research after your comments on the other thread and found an FAA AC that clearly states no instruction until Phase I is complete.

Thanks again,

- Brett

pierre smith said:
Hi Brett,
I assume that you know that you can only instruct in their own aircraft AFTER Phase one time is flown off SOLO .

Regards,
Pierre

OT- Honda

Bob Newhall,

I was driving past 5nc5 on 54 last weekend (my parents live east of 5nc5) and noticed a Honda mfg sign just past the school to your west (towards 85). I heard the Honda Jet engines were going to be built in the Burlington/Graham area. Do you know if thats the spot? Just curious..

BTW, glad to hear you are not at IGX. I started flying there 35 years ago. It's not the most GA friendly place unfortunately. Too many overeducated people that know nothing about aviation... :mad:

Back