What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Flyin, Tea, South Dakota, August 10-12

Geico266

Well Known Member
Tea, South Dakota (Y14) is a hot bed of RV activity, flying, and building including the Vanguard Squadron burning 100% ethanol in 4, RV-4s. It will be worth the trip just to hear how the standard Lycomings do it.

There will be lots of sociaizing and flying activities. Rooms available or camp out.

August 10th thru 12th

[email protected]

RSVP's appreciated, but not nesessary.

Last edited:
Bump!

This weekend folks.

Looking for a great RV flyin? Join the 1st annual Tea, SD. weekend flyin. 1 day or 3.

Trust me, this one is destined to be an annual event growing every year. Don't miss the opportunity to attend the 1st!

Last edited:
What a great flyin!

Thanks to the Vanguard Squadron (100% Enthonal burners) for a fantastic airshow in 3 RV-3's built right on the field.

Breakfast, burgers for lunch & STEAK for dinner! Plenty to drink.

Tours of a really cool quilt show (so I was told) for the wives that came. Lots of hanger talk with renowned RV builder Gayle Wilks (He built the Vanguard Squadron RV-3's, 12+ assorted RV's, and is currently is finishing his 3rd RV-10.

About 25 RV's showed up and all had a great time.

Thanks Lincoln Airport EAA. You do flyins right.

WOW.........what a great time in Tea, Sd saturday for the 1st North Central RV flyin. Great people............awesome food..........fun time. I have never been to a flyin with STEAKS served on fine china and real SILVERWARE. The EAA chapter in Tea are to be commended for their efforts. And with Larry Vetterman there entertaining the pilots it was an enjoyable day. If any builders have not seen the Carbon Fiber panel Larry has in his RV7 it is something to see. RUSS from Colorado gets them made............they are currently working on one specific to the RV10 also. It is very nice! Hope next year you plan to attend...........win a GPS or headset and enjoy the fun!

DEAN 805HL
70 hours

Back