What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9612S first flight

OneTwoSierra

Well Known Member
This is just quick note to report my first flight today. There?s nothing really exciting to report, which is a good thing.

My first impressions: The most striking thing to me was how quickly this plane accelerates in the air. Hit the throttle and you?re doing 100+ knots in nothing flat. I didn?t investigate the limit of this on this first flight. She?s got really light controls, too, just as others have reported, but she?s really easy to control ? does exactly what you expect.

way to go 1 2 sierra

Congratulations! Welcome to the RV9 flying community. You are an inspiration to those that follow. What a great accomplishment. It is easy to under estimate what you have done, since these forums report first flights frequently. However, building and flying a great Vans aircraft is reserved for a select few individuals. Post a picture if and when you get it painted. Have fun and fly safe! Jack

Last edited:
Right On!

You will be amazed how quickly you forget the trials of building as you build the hours in the air. Enjoy!

Nathan Larson
N217JT RV9E 290 hours of pure fun!

Congratulations!

I hope to be up in the air flying soon, and these posts keep me pushing for the finish line!

Ron
RV-9A N379RV
Moving to the Airport on Friday!

Back