What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Incorrect markings Van's UMA Airspeed

Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
Hi,

I've got a UMA airspeed indicator that is supposed to be marked for RV-7s and 8s. The part number on the unit matches the part number listed on Van's web site. (IF UMA-16-311-241D) I bought in new in the box from another member here on VAF.

I was looking at it recently and noticed the airspeed markings are wrong. The white arc ends at 103 kts. VNE is @ 210 kts, VNO is at 180 kts, and VA is @ 135 kts. These numbers don't match the recommendations from Vans at all.

Has anybody else run into this?

TIA,
Guy

Guy Prevost said:
Hi,

I've got a UMA airspeed indicator that is supposed to be marked for RV-7s and 8s. The part number on the unit matches the part number listed on Van's web site. (IF UMA-16-311-241D) I bought in new in the box from another member here on VAF.

I was looking at it recently and noticed the airspeed markings are wrong. The white arc ends at 103 kts. VNE is @ 210 kts, VNO is at 180 kts, and VA is @ 135 kts. These numbers don't match the recommendations from Vans at all.

Has anybody else run into this?

TIA,
Guy
If those numbers were mph instead of kts, I'd say it's an RV-6..... :confused:

Guy Prevost said:
Units are definately KTS. I've checked myself about 10 times on that.
Sorry, I should have known that you would have checked that. It was just that the numbers sounded so familiar, except in mph. My Vne is only 203 mph though.

Last edited:
Back