What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Falcon Gauges

jlfernan

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to start building my panel but have a limited budget(Wife) and am not planning on a glass cockpit. I prefer steam. I want go with an electric AI. Falcon has one along with other instruments with very decent prices. Unfortunately I keep reading bad things about Falcon. I would like to hear from people that have had good experiences with Falcon.

I bought Falcon altimeter and airspeed guages at the suggestion of a major, well known avionics shop as a reliable alternative to United - said they rarely had problems with them. I have had no problems with them and you can't tell the difference from United.

However, they did mention a high number of problems with the electric gyros from Falcon, and suggested I stay away from them...

Falcon

Although not a flight instrument, I had a digital timer from them and went through 3. Never got it to power up. Swapped out for Flight Data Systems GT-50 and it fired right up. I'm not a happy Falcon customer.

Jim

I saved $800 on a Falcon electric gyro. It went TU after 2 hrs of use.

So as it turns out I wasted $1100.

I will be replacing it with an RC Allen ot Tru Trak.

I am hoping to replace my steam guages with a EFIS in my RV-6A between now and Christmas. I will be selling a vacuum pump for Lycoming,hoses, vacuum regulator,fittings,attitude indicator, directional gyro,vacuum guage and all hoses. I will also have a VVI.

Everything is working great.Come fly it and see it work if you want to. I have flown actual IFR with it several times.

I'd like $700 for it all. If you are interested, send check to:

Vern Darley
P.O.Box 2526
Peachtree City,GA 30269
cell 770 310-7169

Falcon Gauge failures

In less than two hundred hours, I have replaced the Falcon altimeter twice, and the ASI reads 15% high. But Falcon is a lot cheaper than good gauges.
Leland

Back