What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon! Ooooh Aaaaah

Brantel

Well Known Member
Ooooh!, Aaaaah!,

Notice this is a GPS with GS shot.

efishsiwithgscdipj7.png

Last edited:
Yeah, now if they could just ship the da.. things. I ordered mine a week ago, beliving they were close to off the shelf shipping. The date I got was "about 3 months"!

Larry :(

lrfrey said:
Yeah, now if they could just ship the da.. things. I ordered mine a week ago, beliving they were close to off the shelf shipping. The date I got was "about 3 months"!

Larry :(

Larry

I am supposed to get my order at the end of this month....Bummer as I ordered at the first of last month....but still alot of work to do on the airplane so I believe the time will pass quickly. I installed the efis/ems trays yesterday so I am ready when they arrive. I will be working on the remote compass today.

Frank @ SGU RV7A "NDY" Panel/Electrical....Engine being built!!!

Looks like they've made some changes to the scrolling tape format for altitude and airspeed. This looks much more "conventional", and I like it better than their old format that had the instantaneous altitude and airspeed readout windows at the tops of their respective tapes, with the airspeed trend arrows at the midpoint of the tapes. Just seems more intuitive to me to have the instantaneous readout at the same location where the trend is being displayed.

Brian, where did you get these screen shots? All of the ones I've found on Dynon's website still show their old format.

This was posted on the Dynon support forum. Another cool part of the new firmware is the VSI trend indicator just to the right of the altitude tape.

A thing or two about that screenshot.

1. It's showing the ILS deviation on the attitude display and the GPS on the HSI. It won't, and should not, do that. Whatever is on the HSI will be on the main screen.

2. The airspeed tape is now different, and better. As is the VSI.

3. There are a whole host of smaller improvements that aren't part of that shot. I think most will be impressed and surprised when the final version comes out.

I've been flying beta-test versions of this format for the last couple of weeks and am very impressed. Dynon has been uncommonly receptive to input and has acted quickly to fix the inevitable bugs and improve the quality/utility of the new features.

--Marc

Marc is right

I am beta testing as well and the improvements are significant - some really cool features coming on the EMS as well. Nice work by Dynon!

Marc and Pete, thanks for the nice comments!

Marc is right- that is two screen shots bolted together, so there is NAV on the left side and GPS on the right. It is exactly what it looks like, but it wasn't pulled from a real unit in flight.

It will be possible to get vertical deviation from a 396 or 496 though, so you can actually get a GS bar while on GPS ;)

And for those of you waiting for orders, sorry for the delay. We are shipping units every single day in record numbers, but we just have a ton of orders. Nice problem for us I guess, but we do wish we could get them to everyone sooner.

As always, we have all the support stuff in stock, like the mounting trays, wiring harnesses, pitots, and sensors, so you can get started mounting an EFIS or EMS even if you don't have the physical unit yet.

DYNON FOO PAS

Good luck with your Dynon order. I ordered mine on Jan 2nd. and have yet to receive them. I talked today with DYNON, they were a little (Unfriendly) and blamed the delay on my dealer (not named) and that I should not be calling them, DYNON, I should be talking to the dealer only.The dealed blames the delay on DYNON. Bottom lins is I have been waiting 5+ months and all I get are excuses. The last month's issue of "Kitplanes" DYNON's ad stated "IN STOCK" What's up?????

dynonsupport said:
It will be possible to get vertical deviation from a 396 or 496 though, so you can actually get a GS bar while on GPS ;)

Will you get a GS bar when connected via the 429 interface to a 430W on VNAV/LPV approaches?

Yes, the GS bar will show up when you connect to a 430W via the HS34 / ARINC 429. I've flown behind that exact configuration.

As for delayed orders- We've shipped any order that was placed with us on January 2nd. A long time ago. We've shipped any order that is more than about 12 weeks old.

N661DJ, as you know with your order, while you paid the dealer in January, they didn't actually place the order with us until mid March. We then shipped your unit to them last week, so you know that you already have it. This was within our stated backorder as of the actual order date of mid March.

We're sorry that the dealer didn't treat you as well as we would hope, but we can't ship an order that we never received. We also don't know to what individual customers dealer orders are going to, so we generally always have to refer you back to your dealer for actual lead times, since dealers may have ordered in advance of your order or may have other situations.

Split screen

This may be a stupid question, but it isn't my first today. Does the split screen work on the D10A, or only on the big screen models?

Bob Kelly, D10A

Whats the delay

Wow, is every one having the same trouble getting product from Dynon or is it because it is a new product release and it is not ready yet. I will soon be ready for a EFIS and this could affect my desicion. :eek:
Live strong
Chad Holladay TE86

Back