What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TWO Florida Round Trips - 1 mission.

n2prise

Well Known Member
I recently had a chance to help a "Friend of a friend" to reunite with his son after many years. The flights during the past two weekends were great learning experiences, and proved how useful owning a Van's RV can be!

You can start the several pages of my online trip report on my web page using this link: http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a236.htm#May12

There are five web pages of photos and the story line about flying the weather and smoke conditions in Georgia. The first trip should have been 600 miles each way. The diversions for thunderstorms on May 12th added a lot more flying miles for a total flight time that day of 9.7 hours, covering a flight path of 1,390 miles. The smoke from the forest fires in south Georgia caused a 14-mile diversion on the round trip of 1,271 flight miles taken on May 20th. The flight time for the second trip was 8.6 hours on the Hobbs meter.

I have flown to Florida on a number of occasions, all of them documented on my web site. These recent flights were different due to the weather, smoke, and one unexpected in-flight issue. Read the stories for the details.

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
RV-9A N2PZ

Last edited:
Back