What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Texas RV Fly-in Update

JoeG

Well Known Member
Just a reminder that the Texas RV Fly-in is just around the corner; Two weeks from today on Saturday, May 26 at Spinks Airport (KFWS) in South Fort Worth.

The Spinks controllers are very friendly and professional so you should have no problems on arrival. Spinks is a towered Class E airport so contact them about 5 miles out and use standard approach procedures per their directions.

Fly-in aircraft will be parking on the south end of the west ramp, near the FBO. Don Christiansen and his recruits will be directing the parking activities, so once the tower gets you to the ramp, just follow the guys with the orange wands and vests.

Control tower tours will be available during the day for those who are interested. If you've never been in a tower before, this is a good one to visit. It's brand new, and as I said before, we have very friendly controllers.

There's a rumor going around that Mel might have some RV-related goodies to give away. If that's true, he'll probably have something for the person flying the longest distance to attend the fly-in. So even if you are from out-of-state, you are quite welcome.

For those who want to spend the night on either Friday or Saturday evening, I have arranged for a discount at the near-by (Walking distance) Holiday Inn Express.

The Hotel Website is: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/BLSTX/welcome

Amenities include:
Free Continental breakfast
Free Wireless Internet in all rooms
Fridge and microwave in all rooms
Health and Fitness Center
Indoor Pool
Very Clean facility and rooms

The Texas RV Fly-in rate for Friday evening and/or Saturday evening is $98.10 per night + Tax. (Compared to normal rate of $134.99 a night). To get this rate, mention the Texas RV Fly-in and make your reservation directly with the hotel at 817.426.0396.

You can get more fly-in info on Doug's calendar page at http://www.vansairforce.net/tex/tex.htm

Hope to see you there.

Last edited:
ME TOOOOOO

I will be at Spinks!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :)

Early birds get the....

breakfast goodies...

There will be some Sausage biscuits, Breakfast burritos, Banana Nut Bread, OJ, Coffee, and Water available. No charge, but cash donations gladly accepted.

For lunch, there are a number of restaurants nearby. They are a short walk; or a short ride, courtesy of Ryan and Chris (Spinks airport managers) and their staff.

Last edited:
Personally I'm a little dissapointed ...

that is so close to home, I'll have to take the long way around DFW just to get her warmed up :D

Frequencies

Spinks Frequencies are as follows:

AWOS 120.025
Tower 124.625
Ground 119.475

Back