What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chino RV/Warbird Extravaganza

dan

Well Known Member
Just a reminder that Saturday May 19th is the big ol' RV/warbird extravaganza at Chino, CA. Figured now that we have a SoCal section I should post it again...

http://www.rvproject.com/chino_flyin.html

socal_logo160.jpg

I will see you guys there!

PS: I heard the taxi ways changed names...isnt Golf now Papa?

I almost came down!

On my last trip down to Norcal from Oregon I thought I had crossed over Chino...Good job I checked...As it was Chico I passed over...Chino is like another 400 miles South!...:)

But I do have a wedding to go to (groan) at right on the border over the 4th July WE...Maybe I'll catch up with a few SOcal folk then.

Have a great, safe event!

Frank

Mike, you were absolutely right! Woke up this morning and all the signs had changed!

Charlie is now Delta, and Golf is now Papa. I'll try to get a new airport diagram from the manager's office today. NACO hasn't published it yet.

walk-in?

Dan, I may be able to rearrange some travel this week and end up near Chino for the airshow. If I drive in for the show, will I end up on the same side of the airport as your hangars? Thanks, John.

How do I find you?

Hi Guys

I am trying to hook a ride down from the Bay Area to the Chino airshow. I would very much like to find the RV crowd and poke around some aircraft. If I end up driving in, where will the RV's be parked and how do I get there? I am mid fuselage and about to make some serious decisions on engine, propellor and avionics. Love to see what others have done.

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Fuselage
San Ramon, CA

I'm sure dan can chime in with better directions, but last year those of us that drove in were parked in a dirt lot and shuttled in. The dropped up about mid field north of the tower. From there walk east to the hangers and then turn north for a few rows of hangers. You cant miss the RV's.

You win a big Thanks!

That VAF Tee Shirt was mine, and so is the plane, and girl. Looks like it was just before the Phoenix squad blasted off for the oven...I mean home...on Saturday.

If you have not seen the Chino show it is all warbirds - all the time. Really good stuff. The SoCal RV gang is great and I can't wait to come back next year. Darwin Barrie flew back on Sunday and said we missed Dan C playing a mean guitar. Change the band to Saturday night, add beer, and we can make a weekend of it!

kellyp said:
Change the band to Saturday night, add beer, and we can make a weekend of it!
Yeah, that woulda been my preference, too. One of the 4 guys in the band could only make it on Sunday, so Sunday it was. He ended up blowing it off, though! Fargin bastige.

we had some guys from AZ and guys all the way from the Seattle area, cool!

51907024vm6.jpg

SoCal RVs

51907026vr4.jpg

nice hangar

52007ly3.jpg

Smoke On!
52007fuxm4.jpg

Bombs away! (or, why we don't fly airshows over the crowd in the US)

52007fxb9.jpg

Oh no! I hope that wasn't Dagger. it sure LOOKS like Dagger.

Last edited:
Back