What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to start with a QB fuse?

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi guys&gals,
I know you are to supposed to go thru the whole set of plans for the fuse, but was wondering if anyone had a good tip for where to start the qb fuse.
Thanks Again,
Kirk Groves RV-8 Wings done qb fuse underway!
VAF#173

I think the usual place to start in the manual is Section 8, page 13 towards the bottom; "Installing the F-805 floor support".

John
-8QB
Finish kit, wiring.

Thanks John I kinda got it all squared away last night, although it seems the floor supports are all there in my fuse with the exception of the F-805C that attaches to the floor skin.
Thanks again,
Kirk

QB fuse start

Kirk,

If I were to do it again (and I'm sure I will), one of the first things that I would do with the fuse out of the crate is to plan all of my wiring and antenna runs while the fuse was opened up and sitting on blocks.

It will save you alot of rework with fitting fuel lines, brackets, etc. if you know exactly where your wires, pitot, static, and coax cables will be sitting and penetrating ribs.

Also, planning your firewall penetrations for wire runs now will save some headaches later.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
I had that thought last night, because as I am now messing with the floor, it is a pain to take them in and out!
Thanks again
Kirk

Back