What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

lycoming 0-320 D1A prop governor

Build9A

Well Known Member
When converting from constant speed to fixed pitch set up I removed the oil line that goes from the prop gov. to the front of the engine. I also removed the prop gov. drive and replaced with a cover plate? I am having a tech person look at it tomorrow but wanted to make sure I removed the correct part. Is the tapered cylinder thing with the tooth gear on the end the prop gov drive? thanks

prop governor

Since no one answered my question, I will provide the answer. Yes it is the tapered cylinder thing with the tooth gear on the end. by the way if you need a brand new prop gov drive for a constant speed set-up on an 0-320 let me know. It's for sale.

Make sure you also remove or puncture the rear plug in the nose crankshaft nose bore area, before installing the front plug!
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Thanks Mahlon

mahlon_r said:
Make sure you also remove or puncture the rear plug in the nose crankshaft nose bore area, before installing the front plug!
Good Luck,
Mahlon
Thanks for the reminder. The puncture had been accomplished at the time of the removal/conversion. you are always very thorough and a real asset to the various groups that you participate in. Great to know that you are monitoring this forum. Jack RV9A

Back