What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SMA

brianwallis

VAF moderator
At Sun'n Fun the SMA folks had an engine on display... 50 grand.... ouch... Diesel 230hp I believe.
Best
Brian

Did you know that Leonard Harris of Wings and Things pilot shop fame (owner) over at PDK just started a new venture putting that engine into C-182's. He told me the engine alone is $80K. Take your C-182 to them for new interior, avionics and engine and he says you have a "better than new C-182". Their new company was incorporated 2 weeks ago.

Real nice guy with an interesting background. He told me about SMA as I went into his shop to get some charts for SnF. Said he just got back the day before I went in there. Apparently his mod shop is near Sarasota.

There have been quite a few conversions to SMA power in Europe. Avgas prices are going "through the roof" and diesel really is the future in this part of the world (as it will be in the rest).... Cowling really is a compromise, surely doesn't turn the airplane into a better looking one.

More information on diesel power is available at http://www.dieselair.com/

pheitny3.jpg

Last edited:
Back