What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drawing 51

MNellis

Can anyone tell me if Drawing 51 is part of the finishing kit drawings or should I have received it with the Fuselage kit?

I'm working on the tip-up roll bar and read somewhere that there is some detail on drawing 51 that I might find helpful but I don't have drawing 51.

Thanks

Don't think so...

Not that I can see....

Drawing 51 mainly deals with the canopy latch mechanism, and you get that stuff with the finish kit.

Just make sure you have the rivets as specified on Drawing 26 on F-605 and the latch mounts will be clear of rivet heads.... :)

You don't have the Wd-617 weldment yet, do you? ....that's the cross bar portion of the lower canopy latch.

gil in Tucson

You could check drawing 51 in your preview plans. Not up-to-the-minute, but good enough to see if there is something you need to be aware of now.

N674P said:
You could check drawing 51 in your preview plans. Not up-to-the-minute, but good enough to see if there is something you need to be aware of now.

Yes, after posting the message I went hunting and found the preview plans. I haven't looked at them in years and forgot where I put them. :)

What I'm looking for right now is the dimension height for the roll bar from the 605 to the top of the roll bar. I think I see what I'm looking for on dwg 39. 17 7/8 with a 2 7/8 angle back.

It's also interesting that the plans do not show rivets all the way around the f-631 but I guess that's just assumed.

Last edited:
Back