What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Deltahawk Diesel

minnehahas

I'm New Here
Hope I don't get pounded for this! :eek:

Was wondering if anyone is thinking about trying a 200hp Deltahawk Diesel on a RV-10. I know it sounds like a little too soft on the hp but that should only minorly impact the climb performance.

Once at cruise of 11-12K the supercharger will allow that engine to efficiently hold 100% HP. In addition, their fuel effeciency reported on their Velocity SERG aircraft is impressive.

Anyway just wanted to get everyone's thought on that!

Thx

Gary

Courious

Last year at OSH, I asked the Deltahawk Diesel folks about their engine for the RV10, mainly price. They told me it would be priced comparatively to the other engines in their hp range. What I'm having trouble swollowing, is, why would you want to pay that much money for an engine that's not proven itself yet? I had considered the diesel for my -10, but given the price, I decided to go with the standard/proven Lycoming.
I think if they would lower the price to give people the incentive to try the "new technology", I might try it.
This is my own opinion, right or wrong.

Marshall Alexander
RV10
wings

"Vapor Diesel" ??

There is a Wilksch diesel. Unfortunately not one suitable for the RV-10 yet. I've just had the Wilksch factory call me up to find out how soon I need delivery of my 120 Hp engine (they would prefer to ship according to customer need rather than strict purchase order). They're currently shipping 2 engines per week and are working on ramping up production.

Unfortunately there are no customer engines flying yet, but there are high hopes of at least 2 customer aircraft flying at the PFA rally in early July.

Dave

Back