What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Post pics of your panel here

kevinsky18

Well Known Member
Completed panels -

Panels Under Construction -

Pictures of Design Ideas for your panel -

This thread is all about the visual. Don't just talk about it show us what you got. For some of us it's hard to visualize what all that stuff would look like inside so it's nice to see it for real mounted in a dash. Of course add a quick description of the panel as well to help ident some of the equipment.

Last edited:
N617AR 'Flash'

Various iterations.....it's gone from steam to a *little* glass. Flag in first image just good luck, I guess.

cockpit3.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

Current panel: http://www.vansairforce.net/N617ARVirtualTour/cockpit030906.jpg (super huge pic)

Last edited:
Doug, like the flag in the reflection on the wing.

Staged, or just serendipity?

Mike

Valkyrie Cockpit Pics....

You can find a few pictures on my panel in THIS thread, and on my "Virtual Hanagr page in these forums.

Paul

to vaf 1

Doug, do you still have manual flaps??? Do ya like em?

Warren

Last edited:
gasman said:
Doug, do you still have manual flaps??? Do ya like em?
Warren
Yes, and I LOVE manual flaps...primary to instantly dump any residual lift after touchdown (by raising them). The plane sticks to the runway like it's in syrup.
b,d

I like Doug's manual flaps too!! :D

It had been years since I flew with manual flaps, and I'd forgotten how "close" they get you to the airplane. The electric flaps in the -8 are slow enough that you just don't get any kind of seat-of-the-pants feedback that they are going in....

Everyone your glass panels look great.

Chris I?m an RV-8 builder so I?m very biased towards your setup. That is an absolutely incredible panel. I love the attention to detail. You must have spent countless sleepless nights trying to figure it all out. Do you have a break down of what equipment we are looking at?

Now that you have built it and flown it for a while is there anything you would change?

The actual mounting panel paint looks great, almost like carbon fiber.

Share your decision and building process with us.

Hi Kevin

Here is a basic list of whats in my panel:

Dual Cheltons (w/new pinpoint/freeflight GADAHARS)
Garmin SL-40 + SL-30 com stack
P.S. Engineering Audio Panel
Trutrack Autopilot with vertical steering
E.I. MVP-50 Engine monitor
(The blank space on the left panel is for the 2 1/4 ADI that I'm still waiting for)

The panel was built by Aerotronics down in Billings, MT and they were really great to work with!

The carbon fiber look is from a basic thin sheet of carbon fiber overlay that was put on over the standard aluminum panel.

As far as changing things....nothing i would do differently. I did have some issues with the chelton's early on, but now that the pinpoint is in and all the software is up to date i have not had any problems :) The engine monitor is excellent and i would highly recommend it!

Back