What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FI & what to buy

tomcostanza

Well Known Member
Hi all.

I thought I would ask this here, before I spend $1000 on the wrong stuff. I have a Superior IO-360 with the Precision Airmotive, Silver Hawk EX fuel injection. They claim I don't need return lines back to the tank, and I didn't put them in the tanks. My plan was to purchase the AFP pump & installation kit from Van's and the Andair valve with banjo fittings (simplex version without the return valve) directly from Andair.

Does anyone see a problem with this? Does anyone have this setup that can tell me what to aviod?

Thanks in advance,

Hey Tom, do you always have to buy the pump kit or is it ever included in the FWF kit or with the engine. I checked out Vans site and the FI pump they have is $550 it looks like if you got one of the new match punched 8 kits you only have to spend $375. What ever those new fuse kits come with, I can't imagine I really need to spend $175 on some mntg stuff for my older kit. Can you say; nickel and dime.

What are you spending a $1000 on? Pump Kit and Andair Valve?

briand said:
I checked out Vans site and the FI pump they have is $550 it looks like if you got one of the new match punched 8 kits you only have to spend $375. What ever those new fuse kits come with, I can't imagine I really need to spend $175 on some mntg stuff for my older kit. QUOTE]

$375 is just for the pump....Another $132 for the filter....

or go to Napa

$132 for the pump...Just need your own filter (Summit) and relief valve. Same pump the Rotary boys use.

I have one pump set/pressure relief, filter in each wing root and no mechanical pump.

Not really saving much but there are alternatives

Frank

frankh said:
$132 for the pump...Just need your own filter (Summit) and relief valve. Same pump the Rotary boys use.

I have one pump set/pressure relief, filter in each wing root and no mechanical pump.

Not really saving much but there are alternatives

Frank

Would you then need a return line back to the tank off the relief valve?

I thought all the Lyclones came with mechanical pumps. I got a lotta learning to do.

What are you spending a $1000 on? Pump Kit and Andair Valve?

Right. The pump "kit" from Van's (includes filter and additional sheet metal), and the Andair valve directly from Andair. At least, that's the plan.

Would you then need a return line back to the tank off the relief valve?

My info is that the Silver Hawk EX needs no return line. Although I THINK the Airflow Performance FI does. But please don't take my word for it.

Clear Skies...

Back