What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pink Flamingo Fly-In - March 31 - Dry Creek

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Hey all of you South-Texas Rv'ers....(and anyone else in range)...I have visited the fly in community of Dry Creek on several occasions now, and cannot believe how friendly and hospitable the natives are. I received the following invitation from Gary Jones, one of the locals, to their annual Pink Flamingo Fly-in:

My name is Gary Jones. I'm at the Dry Creek Airport, NW of Houston.

I have a Fly-In each year -- PinkFlamingo Fly-In -- and wanted you (and your Buddy List) to attend.

The PinkFlamingo is always fun.

Check out our website: www.ts07.org and see the links.

Pass the word to your RV friends, and hope to see you here.

I have no idea what a "Pink Flamingo Fly-In" is, but judging from the web site, it sure looks amusing! I told Gary that the easiest way to pass the word would be to post it on the South Texas forum here, and he said "go ahead!" This place is a super community with a superb runway. I have told people that it's like landing on a putting green. I'm planning on going - hope to see some others there!

Paul

Last edited:
Pink Flamingo Fly-In on Mar 31st at Dry Creek Airport

To all,

Hey ---- Everbody ---

The Pink Flamingo Fly-In is a great place to drop by.

This is the annual Fly-In on --- March 31st ---

The're looking for as many RV's as possible.

Check out the Website: www.ts07.org ->>> That's www.ts(zero)7.org,
look for the link.

Also, some presentation at 3:00pm with a letter from Dick VanGrunsven

Pass the word.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno....

It started raining and storming almost Biblically in the Clear Lake area this morning about 0700, and is still raining now at noon. It's supposed to quit soon, but if they got this much rain at Dry Creek, I'm worried about the state of the grass runway. I know it's one of the best I have ever seen, but even the best can only drain so much.

I don't think I'm going to make it, unless things change drastically for the better.... :(

Paul

I was in the area today so I drove in. Runway was a mess and everything was mush. 3 on field RV's were there but not any out of towners.

Back