What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Heated Pitot Released

Dynon

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Dynon Avionics is proud to finally announce the release of their heated Angle of Attack / Pitot probe.

This probe can be used with any Dynon EFIS unit to provide Angle of Attack and airspeed information, and can also be used with any other instrument that uses a standard pitot. The heating element has a maximum output of 100W, but this is controlled by a microprocessor so that only the required amount of power is drawn for the given conditions.

The probe also has an output to drive a status light that conforms to the FAR, indicating when the probe is turned off or has failed.

The probes are shipping as of today, February 23rd, and are priced at $450.

Please visit our web site for more information, or call 425-402-0433 to order.

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you for supporting the needs of many Experimental Aircraft Builders and this forum.

I am just putting my Pitot mount in this next week and when it comes to getting the Pitot tube in the future, yours appears better that all the others, similar prices, but yours has the AOA capabilities. :)

If we can help with any mounting hardware please contact us.

Last edited:
Good to hear this is out. I have been waiting on this product. I tried to purchase it from your website but was unsuccessful. Can you post a link for purchasing the heated pitot tube? Thanks.

We're working on updating the online store. For now, you'll need to call / fax / email to order it.

Just an FYI for those interested parties, but the new Pitot tubes have a different finish (read: MUCH NICER finish/plating) then the previous offerings from Dynon. It now looks like a professionally finished product that is quite attractive.

Anyway, I ordered a batch of the new pitot tubes today....but sadly they are so popular that they seem to be out of stock for awhile so I'll have to wait :)

Cheers,
Stein.

The unheated ones have the same finish as the heated ones as of about a week ago.

No plans to offer a heated boom style pitot.

Scott,
Last week had sent a letter and/or email out to everyone that we could that already had one or had ordered one. Sorry if we didn't get in contact with you.

If you already have a heated pitot from us, just call us up and we'll send you the new one for free.

Back