What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which LightSpeed Headset?

Which LightSpeed Headset would you buy?

• 15XLc

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 20XLc

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • QFRXCc

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 20-3G

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 30-3G

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 30-3GP

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RV8N

Well Known Member
My old 20K headset is no longer supported by LightSpeed so I think I'm going to trade it in for a new set. If you were going to buy a new LightSpeed headset, which one would you buy?

(I realize many people wouldn't buy LightSpeed but since I'm going to get trade-in value for my old set, LightSpeed is the only brand I'm interested in right now. Please don't repond that you would buy some other brand)

Karl

Karl,
I've flown with all of them with the exception of the 30-3GP. Owned most of them at one time or another. I just really can't tell a whole lot of difference between the 15XL and the more expensive "G" series. If I were to buy another Lightspeed, it would be the 15XL. The others simply don't justify the price difference IMHO.

If you are interested in the QFR XC-c... But want to save some bucks... look at the Marv Golden's branded version - the "Golden Eagle ANR". I am told it is the the slightly older version - Lightspeed QFR XC - made for them.

Regardless - I've had mine for over a year - and find it works well for me.

dj

I've had great luck with the 15/20/25XL headsets, and no luck at all with the Thirty-3G. The Thirty-3G seems to have problems in high noise RV cockpits, and I just traded mine for a reconditioned 25XLc, and the c mod to another 25XL that I own.

I voded for 20XL, but my actual recommendation would be to get a reconditioned 25XLc from Lightspeed. You won't be able to tell it isn't new, and in my opinion, it's the best headset they ever made. I suspect they only stopped because it cut into the 3G series sales.

Cheers,
Rusty

Back