What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Desert Aire M94 Info?

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
Any RV's or other readers based or visit/play at Desert Air M94?

We are thinking of a vacation home and hangar. And it just happens to be 20 minutes to our new grandson! Oh, and 300 days of sunshine a year would be nice about now!

Any inside info would be appreciated!

It's a very nice airport community amidst fruit and wine groves. Nice airstrip and it appears that they are relatively liberal in terms of exactly what you have to build. There appeas to be a mix of just hangars, nice home/hangars, and nice double wides + hangars, but all appear to be in good condition.

Only two disadvantages I know of:
It is a fair way from the nearest larger town--probably about 45 minutes to an hour (Ellensburg, Yakima, or Tri Cities) and it gets REALLY, REALLY hot there in the summer. It (or next door Mattawa) holds the state's hottest temperature record at 118F!

All that said, aside from its exact location, it is the kind of strip I would love to have a hangar home on. The even have a few flyins each year. The next one I'm aware of is Jun 17.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carl and Steve.
Yes, I asked the boss for the 17th off and will fly-in. We flew in two weeks ago and walked the runway, golf course and shore line. Nice, modest golf community, with a nice runway. Very friendly. I will make a point to meet Karl.
Did find out first hand how close and low the F-15s pass near the strip. 😗
Maybe see you there.
Cheers!

Back