What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rebuilding a pneumatic squeezer

Don

Well Known Member
A few months ago I picked up a pnuematic squeezer on e-Bay for cheap. The tool is marked "Cleveland Pneumatic" and is very similar in style to a Chicago Pneumatic #214. This tool has been well-used - with a bit of imagination and a lot of close scrutiny you can almost make out "W.&O. Wright" scratched on the tool. :) It works but it doesn't have much "oomph" and it doesn't always operate smoothly. This isn't a tool I felt I needed but I couldn't let it pass for under $100 including shipping.

I'm wondering if this is something that new seals and o-rings, and the like would take care of and is it something I could do myself? Anyone out there do this or care to opine? Where did you get your parts?

Fred quoted me a couple hundred bucks ("but it could go higher"), Bob Avery fixed it for $30. Don't get me wrong, I like Fred and recommend him for some things, but Bob Avery can't be beat for customer service.

re: suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying to get in touch with Bob Avery. I've dealt with him before - buying tools and fixing a Souix air drill he sold me.

Back