What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MAC Servo Trim System Controller

647jc

Well Known Member
In the spirit of experimental aircraft, I have built several MAC Servo Trim controllers and am now looking for a few builders / pilots willing to test them. The units provide speed control and button multiplexing and are fairly easy to install as an addition to a basic MAC Servo Trim installation. The units are well built and have been bench tested but now require some practical flight testing so I would be willing to give several of these units away to people willing to test and provide feedback. The installation of the units include a bypass switch which allows you to totally bypass the controller and return the trim system back to it?s original configuration in case problems occur so risk should be minimal. I?m currently building an RV9 but am a year or more away from flight otherwise I would be doing my own testing. I?m hoping to find some volunteers already flying or close to first flight; anyone interested please get in touch with me via private message.

J.C.

Sweet unit!!!

My Dad and I installed the controller on my -4 today and then went and tested it out, the air was glass smooth so it was easy to trim the plane and get a feel of the difference the controller made. Joe did a great job with this unit, it was easy to install and works great, very worth wile. The ? second duration for fine trimming is just the right amount of time with out being to long when you need a big trim change, I?m very impressed. No more bumping the thing up and down past neutral several times before getting lucky and landing some where close enough!!! I fly four to six days a week so it wont take long to get an idea of the units durability, I think Joe nailed its operation just right and at this time I cant see changing a thing, now if it becomes one of those things you forget about over the years because it just works, then so much the better!

Russ

Thanks for the interest and volunteers

Just wanted to thank everyone for their interest and those who volunteered to test the Trim Controller. I think I have enough testers lined up now and will be anxiously awaiting feedback. Hopefully testing will go well and I will be able to offer the controller as a comercial product in the near future.

Thanks,
J.C.

Back