What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Allegro Engine Monitor

az_gila

Well Known Member
Is anyone flying with an Allegro Engine Monitor?

If they are, I have one that I could sell as a back up.....

For those that haven't heard of it, it was a LCD text based 2 1/4 inch engine monitor... quite nice, but soon out-classed by later models....

The company was a one man operation and now is long gone.... :(

Mine is an unused one, and is not the right thing for a new installation... but if some already has one, and is happy with it's use, then it might be nice to have a whole new instrument as a back up replacement....

gil in Tucson

allegro M816 engine monitor

Does any one have the panel unit for the Allegro M816.

I am looking for a supplemental installation manual that covers the optional functions; oil pressure, oil temperature, volts, amps.

The manufactuer quit one day long ago and there is no one that seems to know how to repair, install etc.

Thanks

Kelsey.

Last edited:
Allegro avionics M816

I have the installation manual for the M816 so I can help you if you still need it. I bought my unit back in 1998 and it has served me well all these years. What got me to this forum was that I was looking for a replacement GET probe for the unit. Has anyone with this unit replaced their EGT Probe? The other thing I need to replace was the fuel pressure sender. It has four wires going to it. Don't know how to get one. It would be great if someone could help me.
Thanks,
John V

The EGT probes appear...

I have the installation manual for the M816 so I can help you if you still need it. I bought my unit back in 1998 and it has served me well all these years. What got me to this forum was that I was looking for a replacement GET probe for the unit. Has anyone with this unit replaced their EGT Probe? The other thing I need to replace was the fuel pressure sender. It has four wires going to it. Don't know how to get one. It would be great if someone could help me.
Thanks,
John V

...to be standard ungrounded thermocouples. Just get a replacement with the same colors as the remaining three (Red/Yellow, if my memory is OK)

I sold mine to a RV-7a builder for his EFIS.

Can't help on the fuel pressure sender.

Back