What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cooper's BBQ?

A300Driver

Cooper's BBQ 3 Feb!

Alright, I know this has been brought up before but who wants to make a BBQ run to Coopers any given weekend - preferrably when it warms up a bit?? Llano (KAQO)

Or we can go attack the beach - Mustang Beach down north of Corpus Christie......Port Aransas (KRAS). There's a trolley that'll take you into town for lunch.....

Bob Richie
Zuehl Airpark
1TE4
RV4

Last edited:
February?

How about narrowing it down to sometime in February ....It'll take that long for our grass/turf strip to dry out!

How about any Saturday in Feb.....?

Bob Richie
RV4
Zuehl Airpark
1TE4

Last edited:
Ditto!! Pick a day and a time and we will be there. It has been our experience that on weekends it is best to get to the restaurant no later than 11:30--otherwise there will be a long line.

Cheers,

Dave B.
San Antonio, Tx
RV9a/ECI0360/James cowl/Catto Prop--100+ hrs and a permanent smile!

Feb 3rd?

How about Saturday Feb 3rd?

BBQ or the beach? - AQO or RAZ - we can decide a couple days before depending on where the wx is better........or what folks want to eat.

Bob

If the weather is good we would love to make a trip to Coopers on the 3rd!!

Cheers,

Dave B.
RV9a/0360/James cowl/Catto prop --100+hrs and a permanent smile!!!!!!!!

Coopers Q

OK TX guys....

I think I'll be flying from Tucson to Houston some time soon... and Llano is a possible fuel stop on the route.

If I land at Llano (AQO), is it easy to get to this famous BBQ place?

gil in Tucson

Gil,

Absolutely!! Larry will fix you up with a retired DPS cruiser (150K miles) for the long 2 mile trip into town. They are good people and even if the courtesy cars are out (they have two) they will find a way to get you to the BBQ.

Try the sirloin or the thick grilled pork chops -- and if you have an autopilot try the blackberry cobbler---it is delicious but you will be nodding off within one hr.

Cheers,

db

Cooper's BBQ Saturday the 3rd

Okay, how about Cooper's BBQ in Llano (KAQO) on Saturday 3 Feb.

Feet on the ramp at nlt 1100 a.m. - too beat the weekend rush.

There's 2 or 3 vehicles - so we should have transportation covered. I know Cooper's leaves a 10 pax van at the airport too.

If the weather is bad we can discuss heading south, toward Mustang Beach - Port Aransas (KRAZ) as an option......

Bob Richie
RV4 N9611C
Zuehl Airpark, TX

Last edited:
coopers on 2/3 still a go?

is this still on? although i'm still building, i'd like to come -- haven't eaten at coopers in nearly a year. i could fly my "rv-wannabe" (piper turbo arrow) out. another builder or two are likely to accompany me.

so, y'all gonna show up?

thanks,

john

Cooper's Feb 3rd

I still plan on flying up from Zuehl, hopefully with an RV6 from the field. Weather should be good and avgas is @ $3 a gallon last time I checked.

Will make for a fun weekend with the Superbowl on Sunday.

Always enjoying a kitchen pass when I get one!

Bob Richie
RV4 N9611C
Zuehl Airpark, TX

Janie and I plan to fly our 9a up from SAT--weather permitting. See ya at 11am!!

Cheers,

db
RV9a/ECi0360/James cowl/Catto prop--105 hrs and a permanent smile!!!!!!!!!

The EAA LaGrange Chapter 1st Saturday of the month Bar-B-Que is also on Feb. 3. Its not Coopers but its good and is an excellent buy for $5. The proceeds go to a good cause.

Mark

Right, I'm planning on getting there @ 10:45 and will call the FBO tomorrow and ask if they'll hold the Cooper's van for a "gaggle of RV guys and such"............instead of loaning it to a C-152 solo x-country student going to McDonalds!! :D

Bob

If your gaggle gets together in June, stop by 77t for our fly-in, BBQ, Flower Bombing, and "air show" on June 16th (ill have to confirm the date)
Its AWESOME BBQ and a fun little flyin. Last year was rained out. Grass Field, so check weather before you head out.

Looks like a "partly cloudy" forecast for SAT Saturday morning with clearing @ noon. If the ceiling and vis allows I'll still plan to be there before 1100, if not, then I'll make it up to Llano for a late lunch/early dinner.

Bob

Last edited:
Weather permitting

I'll be there with my wife and another RV'er from Hicks. Is the official time 11:00 on the ramp?

Nuts!

Looks like I have a schedule conflict and will have to miss this one....guess I'll have to fly twice as much on Sunday to make up for it! Where to go, where to go....

Paul

The weather forecast for today looks good!! Looking forward to seeing you folks in Llano. Janie and I will try to get there around 10:45.

Cheers,

Dave B.
RV9a/ECi0360/James Cowl/Catto prop--105+hrs and a permanent smile!!!!!!!!

This was a successful flyout. It was great to meet Bob, Dave, and everybody else that showed. It took two van trips to get us all to coopers. Many thanks to Dave for acting as the bus driver. I think there were about fifteen people and 10 planes total.
Falcon Flight arrived led by Stu with a flight of six. Right on time of course. They put on a great show arriving and departing for the rest of us spectators. The BBQ was good, the company was better, and the weather was perfect. Looking forward to it again.

A couple more pictures at my site.

WOW! Scott got those pics up fast.

I second Scott's comments --- what a great way to spend a Saturday!!
BTW, the bus driving was my pleasure.

Cheers,

db(Dave Burden)
RV9a/ECi0360/James cowl/Catto prop--106+hrs and a permanent smile!!!!

More pics from Cooper's BBQ Run

Here's more pics. Great to meet everyone.

Bob Richie
N9611C RV4

bbqflyinllanotx230726it0.jpg
bbqflyinllanotx230741bu7.jpg
bbqflyinllanotx230758py8.jpg
bbqflyinllanotx230752ki0.jpg
bbqflyinllanotx230714ix4.jpg
bbqflyinllanotx23075tv2.jpg
bbqflyinllanotx230717hy8.jpg

Last edited:
Back